Winter Weddings at the Mount Washington Resort 1
All winter couples are starting to solidify wedding vendors for their snow time celebrations. Just in the last week I’ve had 4 calls on January and February weddings, so I thought a formal post would be in order. Winter in the White Mountains is visually spectacular. Snow covered peaks, sleigh-rides, skiing, and of course cozy fireplaces to sip warm hot toddies! What is great about the Mount Washington Resort is that it’s truly a one stop destination wedding experience for you and your guests. Flights into Manchester or Boston allow for easy travel up Rt 93 (cross over on Rt 3 and a few miles down on Rt 302). Once in scenic Bretton Woods, NH your lodging options include the Hotel, the Bretton Arms Inn, The Lodge, and The Townhomes. Depending on your group size, or if you are making your way to the wedding to also reunite with old friends, the different options cater to that. There are on site dining options from Fabyan’s Station, on slope affair at the “Taco Quad”, Lucy Crawfords Food Court, and the Slopeside Restaurant & Pub, or the hotel dining rooms, and Bretton Arms dining room. The best thing is… once you arrive in Bretton Woods, you don’t have to start your car until you are ready to leave. They have shuttle buses on property to take you to and from the hotel and inn, over to the Nordic Center and Ski Area! Did I mention the limitless options for Apres fun? Drinks in “The Cave”, hot-chocolate and Baileys by the grand fireplace, marvel at the views from the conservatory and get lounge service for light snacks and drinks! Don’t forget to invite me!
A few things to recommend for your guests: No equipment needed, rentals available for everything!
- Nordic Skiing and Snowshoeing on property is world class.
- Alpine Skiing at Bretton Woods with terrain for all abilities.
- Dog Sledding! When in your life will you get the opportunity to do this?
- Snowmobile Tours! So much fun, and most people don’t get a chance to cover that many miles while in town. A great way to see a wide variety of vantage points and scenery.
- Sleigh rides with Champagne Toast – for guests, or for you at your wedding (like in the clip below). Weather depending I believe they run all day long.
- The brand new Canopy Tour, which opened last year, is a HUGE hit and so much fun in the winter according to ’08 Mt. Washington Resort couple Jess & Dave. Check out the video clip I made flying through the trees last week on the tour! (separate post on this coming soon).
Stay tuned for more tips and video clips on winter weddings- Why timing is everything in the winter! Part 2 on Wednesday!
Sleigh Rides allow time for your guests to mingle into Cocktail Hour – and for you to have a private moment together after the ceremony.